Pharmacy Access and Traffic
Please follow any signs related to pharmacy entry and exit. These signs may be placed both outside and inside the pharmacy.
People ‘at risk’
If you have any symptoms that may be related to Covid-19, please inform staff immediately. These symptoms can include:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
If your symptoms are serious please call 000 to obtain urgent medical attention.
People suspected of being infected
Please follow instructions from pharmacy staff. You will likely be asked to occupy a designated area within the pharmacy that isolates you. There will be a ‘support pack’ available to you at this location. The pack will include disposable water, disposable tissues and a clinical waste bag.
The pharmacy staff have been briefed on the following:
- Cleaning and disinfecting procedures
- The need to avoid contact with suspected individuals
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Isolation procedures
Pharmacy staff may ask you questions to identify individuals that may be infected
Do you have the following symptoms:
- Fever OR
- Cough (with or without fever)
- Shortness of breath (with or without fever) AND have you been in close or casual contact in the last 14 days with someone who has been confirmed as having Covid-19
If we suspect you have the Covid-19 virus
- Provide you and any accompanying family or carers a surgical mask and show you how it is used
- Escort you to an isolated part of the pharmacy
- Avoid direct physical contact with you and avoid any exposure to respiratory and other secretions
- Be wearing masks and protective equipment ourselves
- Advise you to contact your doctor and arrange transport to hospital. If you are seriously unwell we will arrange an ambulance for you
- Determine if are able to return home, advise you to self isolate and ask you to contact your doctor to arrange Covid-19 testing
- Have staff perform the necessary hand hygiene and cleaning of the isolated area
If you would like any further information please visit the Australian Government – Department of Health Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert.